Prestige Healthcare Respiratory Therapist in Taylor, Michigan
Summary: Under the direction of management, is responsible for providing clinical direction and in-services regarding patient care and other respiratory related issues to the facility.
* A CRT or RRT license and a graduate of an AMA approved school for respiratory care is required.
* Valid Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the state employed.
* Valid CPR certification.
* Vent Certified, preferred.
* One year of respiratory therapy experience preferred in a long term care setting.
* Provides respiratory related services for established times or services within the Respiratory Care Practitioner scope of services. This may include: testing the patient for qualifying clinical needs, gathering information, completing and/or submittng the information to the facility.
* Records all pertinent information on respiratory care records and patient charts. This includes consults, recommendations, and pertinent conversations with physicians, staff, patient, patient family members or other caregivers. Verbal or telephone orders should be handled according to facility policy.
* Assists facility in regulatory issues, insuring that respiratory equipment and supplies are stored in appropriate storage area, and appropriate signs and documentation are provided within the facility.
* Takes care of routine mail, phone calls and pages as necessary. Also completes necessary filing and faxing.
* Communicates with facility staff regarding relevant clinical and operational issues regarding the program and patient care issues.
* Assess for patient’s respiratory needs. Assess oxygen saturation and use of pulse ox. Be able to assess ventilator patients and work with ventilator.
* Complete treatment and ventilator checks in a timely fashion. Notifies supervisor of any facility concerns or needs.
* Completes TARs at the end of each month checking for accurate information.
* The ability to assess for decanulization and weanings.
* May participate in a wide variety of special projects.
* Resolves rountine problems and communicates soluntion to appropriate personnel.
* Ability to work independently in a consulting capacity.
* Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
* Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
* Ability to organize a schedule and work to meet facility needs.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent organizational skills.
This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.