State of Michigan Occupational Therapist E (9-P11) in Saline, Michigan
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
Click here to view the Position Description Click here to view the Job Specification
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature. *Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: *Instructions Required Education and Experience
Possession of a bachelor's degree in occupational therapy.
Occupational Therapist 9
No specific type or amount is required.
Occupational Therapist 10
One year of professional experience providing therapeutic rehabilitation or habilitation services equivalent to an Occupational Therapist 9.
Occupational Therapist P11
Two years of professional experience providing therapeutic rehabilitation or habilitation services equivalent to an Occupational Therapist, including one year equivalent to an Occupational Therapist 10.
Alternate Education and Experience
Additional Requirements and Information
Registration as an occupational therapist by the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Growth.
Written Posting Questions (REQUIRED) - Please answer these questions in a separate word document and attach that document to your application.
- What is your role as a Occupational Therapist on a treatment team?
- Explain your past experiences (volunteer/internship/work) in working with the mentally ill.
- Describe three treatment programs that you would utilize in treatment as an Occupational Therapist in an inpatient psychiatric hospital.
**Your application for any position does not guarantee you will be contacted by the Department/Agency for further consideration. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of the results.
**This position is located at the Center for Forensic Psychiatry: 8303 Platt Road, Saline, MI 48176.
*As a Condition of Employment: *this position requires successful completion of a background investigation and a criminal records check.
The Department of Health & Human Services reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
For information about this specific position, please email MDHHSVacancies@michigan.gov. Please reference the job posting number in subject line.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more job opportunities!
MDHHSJobs #MDHHSJobs #Veteranfriendly #CareersWithPurpose #CommunityHeroes
Salary: $21.54 - $30.61 Hourly
Location: Saline, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Forensic Center
Job Number: 3920-21-CFP-040-FILL
Closing: 3/4/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: UNITED AUTO WORKERS (UAW)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766 State of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer