Beaumont Health Nursing Home Phlebotomist in Royal Oak, Michigan
Under the direction of phlebotomy management performs specimen collection for facilities serviced by Beaumont Laboratory including nursing homes, physician offices, draw sites, hospital settings and private homes using appropriate technique with the least discomfort to the patient.
? Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures to obtain adequate samples from patients. Responsible for proper patient identification, correct specimen labeling and necessary documentation. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to evaluate and select proper specimen collection methods for age specific patients.
- Supports laboratory activities related to laboratory testing (phlebotomy, specimen collection, computer order entry and specimen processing) to ensure accurate result reporting and quick
- May perform registration duties applicable to the site/location of assignment. Computer based registration and order entry duties require prior training provided by the applicable department.
- Maintains storeroom, equipment, and inventory within the department to ensure proper supplies are available.
- Works well without direct supervision.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
? Education: High school diploma or equivalent required: Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy course and Phlebotomy externship preferred.
? Work Experience: 1 year experience preferred
? Certification, Licensure, Registration: Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant certification preferred.
? Other Qualifications: Position requires a valid Michigan Driver's License, reliable transportation and good driving record in accordance with company policy. Employees are required to immediately notify manager of any traffic violations incurred.
o Background and reference check, which includes fingerprinting.