Mahle Sr. Performance & Emissions Engineer in Plymouth, Michigan
We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. With our product portfolio we address all the crucial issues relating to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—both for drives with combustion engines and for e-mobility. Today, some 78.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 production locations and 16 major development centers.
Sr. Performance & Emissions Engineer
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
- Lead, plan and supervise engine performance and emissions development programs
- Conduct a detailed analysis of engine performance and emissions test results and prepare technical reports, papers and presentations based on those results
- Generate and review project proposals and participate in business development activities when required
- Analyze technology trends, and market demands to contribute to the strategic business plan and to individual projects
- Maintain a specialist working knowledge of new technologies as appropriate to the role
- Mentor junior engineers to assist in their technical career development
- Observe all safety rules and regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around the work area
- To be responsible for the quality of test results
- Resolve problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts
- Work with instrumentation engineers and management to continually develop capabilities that match industry needs
- Maintain awareness of, and meet the requirements of the Company Quality System
- Observe all safety rules and regulations. Must act safely and be responsible for the safety of others around work area
- Employees duties are not limited to those stated above, but are inclusive of any tasks assigned by supervisor/manager
Impress us – with your professional and personal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering related discipline - Required
- 5 or more years of dynamometer testing related experience - Required
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency Status is Required
- Experience with creating and executing performance and emissions test plans
- Experience leading the technical aspects of engine performance and emissions test programs and having responsibility for the end results
- Detailed knowledge of internal combustion engine operation and the associated thermodynamics
- Knowledge of Engine Management Systems (EMS) principles including the use of calibration tools and processes
- Understanding of engine dynamometer operation including testing practices, instrumentation, and calculations
- Experience preparing and delivering technical reports to customers
- Ability to specify and implement general test equipment e.g. sizing/specifying heat exchangers, pumps, flow meters, valves, transducers etc
- Familiarity with standardized test cycles and relevant government regulations
- Knowledge of CARB, EPA and NHTSA legislative requirements for light duty and heavy duty vehicles
- Ability to analyze test data to detect trends or anomalies and to effectively communicate the results
- AVL PUMA, AVL Indicom, and Microsoft Office Skills
- Flexibility with working hours and willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us.
Mr. Jordan Taylor is available to answer any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled