McLaren Health Care Patient Access Representative I in Petoskey, Michigan
Patient Access Representative I
Hours:variable days and every 3rd weekend
Salary Range:$12.91 Commensurate with experience
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for completing tasks in pertaining to registration, financial clearance, insurance verification, cashier, etc. The Patient Access Representative is often the first person to interact with the patient and family; providing a critical first representation of McLaren Northern Michigan. If you have a superior level of customer service and the ability to always greet our patients with a smile, whether on the phone or face-to-face, this is the perfect position for you!
· Must be able to understand, explain, calculate, analyze and interpret all documentation.
· Maintains confidentiality in all matters regarding patients, the hospital, the department and human resources.
· Complies with HIPAA regulations and Patient Bill of Rights.
· Communicates verbally and in writing in a positive, consistent, enthusiastic, and open mannered approach with all internal and external customers.
· Works independently in a self-directed, non-confrontational, collaborative manner.
· Constantly seeks opportunities to improve processes to support more efficient and effective work outcomes.
· Promotes positive internal and external relations by actively seeking and being responsive to customer feedback.
· Participates in continuous quality improvement projects.
· Performs other duties as directed.
· Associate Degree in Health Care, Finance or related area. Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be accepted.
· Proven skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word, Window based applications, and 10 key calculator with high level of quality outcomes.
· Working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10.
· One year experience in hospital financial or patient service.
· Alpha Numeric Data Entry 2500 kspm (40 WPM).