AMETEK, Inc. Inspector, Skilled I in Peck, Michigan
Inspector, Skilled I
Functional Area:Quality Assurance
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Michigan - Peck
Division:PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Education Required:High School Diploma
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
• Inspect parts, products and processes to ensure conformance to standards and documenting inspection results on the PC.
• Inspect materials or products using fixed or variable measuring instruments.
• Compare products with print specification to detect irregularities and defects.
• Suggest or recommend changes regarding special requirements.
• Assist in implementing a total quality management program and/or train others on total quality management.
• Keep documentation up to date and accurate
• Audit all Quality Systems
• Assist in developing and monitoring incoming, process and final inspection systems.
• Assist in new product validation.
• Assist in monitoring the corrective action systems (CAR).
• Report all rejected materials to buyers if it has not shipped back within the required timeframe.
• Determine the most accurate and efficient means of inspection for different parts and features.
• Assist Engineering with Temporary Deviation Substitution Authorization when materials are determined to be out of conformance, but still usable.
• Monitor and keep accurate incoming inspection documentation.
• Assist with suppliers and vendors evaluations.
• Maintain a calibration system for gauges, fixtures, and measuring tools.
• Assist in education and training on quality improvement processes and procedures.
• Assist in tracking all rework, scrap, warranty costs or RMA’s, CCPE and run a monthly report.
• Monitor sample submission and supplier certification requirements.
• Adhere to safety and company policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum high school diploma / GED.
• Minimum one-year quality inspection/production experience preferred.
• Experience in blue-print reading, computer operation, metrology, calibration requirements and SPC preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.