State of Michigan Executive Secretary 11 in Muskegon, Michigan
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
Provide executive support for a Social Services Division Administrator 17 for one of the largest nine counties in the State, along with supervision of three administrative support positions (or more as deemed necessary). This position performs a variety of executive support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive.
View the Job Specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ExecutiveSecretary126427.pdf
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in supplemental questions must be documented in resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- In an attached WORD document, please describe your experience working with a high workload, managing multiple tasks simultaneously, tracking tasks, meeting deadlines, and arranging meetings. (Attachment Required)
- In an attached WORD document, please describe your arranging meetings (all related details: facilities, menus, rooms, equipment, invites, etc). (Attachment Required)
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature. Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: Instructions
Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
Six years of office experience involving administrative support practices, including three years equivalent to advanced (8) level administrative support work, Secretary E8, or Legal Secretary E8; two years equivalent to a Secretary 9, Legal Secretary 9, or Senior Executive Management Assistant 9; or, one year equivalent to a Division Head Legal Secretary 10 or Executive Secretary E10.
Additional Requirements and Information
Your application for any position does not guarantee you will be contacted by the Department/Agency for further consideration. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of the results.
This position is located at 2700 Baker Street, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444.
The department reserves the right to close this posting prior to its original end date once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
For information about this specific position, contact Tami Strzyzykowski @ StrzyzykowskiT@michigan.gov
Follow us on LinkedIn for more job opportunities!
MDHHSJobs #MDHHSjobs #Veteranfriendly #Careerswithpurpose #CommunityHeroes
Salary: $21.42 - $29.27 Hourly
Location: Muskegon, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Counties
Job Number: 4324-21-MUSKEGON-021-FILL
Closing: 1/21/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Bargaining Unit: NON-EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTED EMPLOYEE (NERE)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766 State of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer