Corteva Agriscience Analytical Specialist in Midland, Michigan
Corteva Agrisciences has an exciting opportunity for an Analytical Specialis t located in Midland, Michigan. The candidate will support local and global analytical projects for Operations for both internal and external production sites. Support typically includes troubleshooting, method development and validation, method transfer to Quality Control labs, trace level cross-contamination prevention analytical development, project leadership, as well as the refinement and execution of current analytical methodologies in the laboratory.
• Working across plant laboratories supporting multiple products. This role provides analytical technical expertise, implements best practice technology, and improves analytical system performance and reliability in alignment with business / function / site analytical strategies
• Provide analytical and process chemistry expertise to resolve process, product and analytical problems
• Network within and between the plant, business, functions, and R&D analytical groups across multiple sites
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Provide leadership in safety by setting the example to satisfy all safety and quality requirements
• Conduct analytical testing or route samples to the appropriate service provider
• Perform complex analyses and interpret and report analytical data
• Provide expertise for troubleshooting analytical methods and instruments
• Develop and implement analytical and work process improvements per the global analytical strategy
• Collaborate with a variety of people from different functions, multiple sites and disciplines across the company (R&D, Quality, Manufacturing Science and Technology)
• Support sample plan optimization to meet the needs of stakeholders
• Perform method development, validation and method transfer to Quality Control labs both internal and external
• Train others on analytical systems, technology, and work processes
• Network with other technical personnel to stay current with analytical and process technologies and leverage technical solution(s)
• Evaluate new analytical capabilities
• Develop basic understanding of applicable manufacturing processes and chemistries
• Support root cause investigations (many times urgent) and join manufacturing problem solving teams where analytical expertise is needed
• Support out-of-specification evaluations
• Independently seek and identify project opportunities for analytical solutions to business problems
• Good knowledge of the Scientific Method (Define Research Problem, Literature Review, Define Hypothesis, Experimental Design, Conduct Experiment, Analyze Data, Generate Solutions, Implement Solutions and Document Results)
• Ability to use an organized and methodical approach to problem solving (e.g., Six-Sigma tools and processes)
• Good verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Good interpersonal skills
• Effective and contributing team member
• Effective technical coach
• Good prioritization and organization skills
• Ability to interpret complex analytical results
• Practical experience and breadth of knowledge in analytical chemistry
• Ability to optimize, improve and utilize Laboratory Information Technology systems
• Practical knowledge of statistical data analysis
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• BS or MS, with 10 or more years of relevant experience or Ph.D with 5 or more years relevant experience. Degrees in analytical or organic chemistry are preferred
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process
• Experience applying quantitative HPLC and GC techniques
• Experience in LC/MS or GC/MS quantitative techniques
• Experience in spectroscopic techniques (IR, UV, NIR)
• An understanding of inorganic characterizations (XRF, ICP/AA, titrations) and its application to manufacturing problem solving is a plus
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs