ZF Quality Director in Livonia, Michigan
Division A - North America Braking & Suspension
Principal responsibilities include:
Lead the NORTH AMERICAN BRAKING Quality function, ensuring an organization and team competent to deliver best in class quality performance, meet/exceed customers’ expectations and minimize the ‘cost of quality’
Execute TRW corporate quality plans; modify/supplement for NORTH AMERICAN BRAKING
Develop and deploy standardized quality operating systems based on ISO, TS and QS disciplines and principles;
Support and Leadership of Strategic Action Plans (CTQ, PQT, etc.);
Develop / execute key quality and operations SAPs (Quality: i.e. Supplier Management, Visual factory, Flawless Launch, Warranty/Customer Response Mgmt, Process; OPS: i.e. Global process STD and global warranty management
Extend quality management processes to SDE and develop a regular and robust total quality review process with associated sub processes for all of NORTH AMERICAN BRAKING.
Improve operations and quality management processes and organizational effectiveness.
Establish annual quality targets for plants within NORTH AMERICAN BRAKING (i.e. QOS, quality engineering and assurance) to ensure all product quality and reliability standards for materials, designs and manufacturing processes consistently meet or exceed internal, customer and regulatory requirements;
Lead actions to resolve problem areas related to product and process quality performance measures/metrics;
Represent NORTH AMERICAN BRAKING as the lead Quality expert/head when dealing with issues either externally (i.e. customer related) or internally including representation on PPAC reviews
Minimize TRW’s exposure to customer claims;
Ensure Supplier quality improvement actions are effectively implemented;
Ensure the adoption of best practice approaches in the new product introduction process (GDPIM) and Launch Readiness roadmap. The business imperative is to deliver, fully and effectively, flawless new product introduction programs;
Champion the application of six sigma and other methodologies, tools and techniques.
Development of strategic actions and initiatives based on industry trends, plant metrics and/or other long term business strategies to improve overall product/process Quality metrics.
Ability to travel as necessary (50%)
Required Education and Experience
• BS Degree or equivalent qualification, in engineering discipline required. Masters preferred
• Proven track record of success, with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant automotive experience.
• Automotive Software experience preferred but not required
• Multi Customer, Multi Country experienced with proficiency with Global OEM’s.
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred or equivalent.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Leadership, interpersonal, teamwork, and motivational skills;
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills;
• Financial and commercial acumen;
• Awareness of lean manufacturing principles, processes, tools and techniques;
• Results, customer requirements and North American Braking orientation;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to lead multi-cultural operations and teams and to work cross-functionally, managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran