Mastronardi Products IT Project Manager in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Mastronardi Produce pioneered the commercial greenhouse industry in North America, and we’re now the leading greenhouse vegetable company on the continent. Our award-winning, flavorful produce is packed under the SUNSET® brand and is available at leading grocery retailers across North America. Family owned for over 65 years, we pride ourselves on having the most flavorful products and the best people in the industry. We are constantly pushing boundaries to be a leader in fresh produce innovation. We seek individuals that demonstrate our PRIDE values (Passion, Respect, Innovation, Drive, Excellence) to help us fulfill our mission to inspire healthy living through WOW flavor experiences.
Our Livonia, Michigan location is currently seeking an IT Project Manager to join our Technology team. The essential function of this position is maintenance and support of the project management and requirements management methodologies. This position will be responsible for partnering with other departments to lead and collaborate on department wide initiatives while managing projects both inside and outside of the IT department as assigned.
The Project Manager will report to the Sr. Project Manager responsible for project portfolio management.
Job Responsibilities and Activities
- Collaborate with Directors, Vice Presidents, other Sr. Program Manager to facilitate cross-functional project/program prioritization and manage cross-functional dependencies.
- Develop strong working relationships with IT and business leaders to understand the enterprise strategy, programs, and projects necessary to implement that strategy.
- Effectively applies project methodology and enforces project standards while streamlining process for speed of delivery.
- Facilitate IT Roadmap strategic planning with business customers, and the annual operational planning cycle.
- Assist in scenario planning and effective resource management.
- Drive the determination of scope and business requirements for changes in their business area.
- Reviews and approves proposals for the utilization of IT resources and techniques to systems or infrastructure, processes, and procedures. Works with external vendors as needed.
- Manages the execution and delivery of department projects, including problem definition, and recommendation of changes to systems, infrastructure or processes.
- Where applicable, ensures that Service Level Agreements are created and systems are stable for turnover to support services.
- Oversees efforts in working with application/infrastructure support organizations to assist in the hand-off between development and support.
- Builds customer relationship and integration of activities through regular communications with Business/IT Managers and Directors.
- Develops project plans including resource and capital requirements; provides input into budgeting process regarding area expenses such as travel, training, etc.
- Develop clear milestones to measure against, time boxing work as appropriate.
- Develop and deliver standard processes and tools that are scalable and repeatable
- Manage delivery with a sense of urgency while holding teams accountable for delivering work against project plan
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Lead cross functional teams in process improvement efforts to strengthen the existing methodologies
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project and ensures appropriately action.
- Manages, resolves and escalates, as appropriate, issues to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Manages project budget to include tracking actual spend and delivering on accurate forecast to completion
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization to drive action regarding project delivery and effective utilization of cash
- Assists with creating organizational methodologies, company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the team including; setting goals and objectives, managing performance, developing associates, staffing, promotions and salary administration
- Innovates and teaches others on complex current and future business processes and capabilities or trends in IT disciplines and business areas.
- Maintains an environment where all understand, and are committed to, providing excellent service to internal and external customers. Contributes to the ongoing evolution of process/methodologies that pertain to the software development life-cycle, people management, business process or information services.
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred and/or equivalent work experience required; MBA a plus
- Preferred: PMP, Six Sigma, PMI-ACP, ACI-Lean, ACI-Kanban, IAPM
* *Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of Information Technology experience required; 8-10 years of relevant Information Technology experience preferred, specifically in program or project management
- Experience managing complex project and department budgets required
- Strong analytical, problems-solving and conceptual skills
- Strong project management skills; experience organizing, planning and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal and external resources
- Experience developing strategic information systems plans
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and influence at all management levels and with both technical and non-technical individuals and successfully manage in a cross-functional environment
- Well defined, proven, and effective leadership skills, including developing managerial and IT professionals.
- Must have excellent communication and relationship building competency, including presentation skills.
- Must have proven ability to drive results without organizational authority in a lateral direction across organizational boundaries to identify business information needs and to organize resources to fulfill them.
- Ability to manage a range of diverse individuals bringing each member to project alignment and completion
- May include on-call duties during non-business hours
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings sometimes in an office or warehouse environment.
- Some travel will be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Must be able to freely travel between U.S.A. and Canada
Please note: Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put into place.
Posted: August 14, 2020