Peckham, Inc. Security Ranger in Lansing, Michigan
Staff jobs are _NOT _a part of Peckham's vocational rehabilitation efforts. These positions are supportive roles. Therefore, applicants do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles.
Peckham is a national award-winning non-profit organization, recognized for its achievement in providing exceptional vocational rehabilitation for people with disabilities and barriers to employment. We accomplish our mission by working with community partners and through our own diverse business lines consisting of apparel manufacturing, warehousing, call centers, environmental services, and farming.
Peckham prides itself on having a great culture which fosters a respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, share ideas, and engage in lifelong learning. Our culture further supports our mission by encouraging flexibility, health, and wellness. Staff enjoy benefits such as generous PTO policies, modern facilities, pet friendly work sites, free fruit, fitness classes, massages available for purchase, and opportunities for flexible work arrangements.
The 3nd shift Security Ranger is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment at the Peckham, Inc. headquarters. This position requires a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to adapt quickly and use good judgement in dealing with challenging situations. This is a third shift position with normal hours of 11:00PM until 7:00am. Hours may vary due to changes in business need.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:*
- Demonstrate excellent customer service in greeting and authorizing entry for approved Peckham employees and visitors
- Secure premises by patrolling property, monitoring ‘OnGuard Access’ video security and alarm monitoring equipment, and investigating unauthorized personnel on Peckham property
- Demonstrate initiative and strong judgement in dealing with ordinary and challenging situations
- Issue and deactivate employee identity badges and generate locker assignments
- Assist unauthorized personnel in receiving visitor identification or request that they vacate the premises, as needed
- Receive, record, and direct emergency and non-emergency security calls as specified in Peckham’s emergency policy and procedure guidelines
- Cultivate and retain up-to-date knowledge of corporate security trends and changes in Peckham security policies, through trainings and other available resources
- Provide parking and traffic control, as needed
- Inspect incoming packages, as needed
- Support the execution of 3rd shift food operations including; cashiering, and restocking of food and supplies.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and professional work environment
- Promote Peckham’s vision, values, and services to all customers and stakeholders
- Other duties, as assigned
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES include the following:*
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills, including the ability to demonstrate a professional, pleasant, caring style, and sound work ethic consistently
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to express ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring communication to the intended audience
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to maintain control and respond to incidents calmly, reasonably, impartially, and tactfully while maintaining an accurate record of the incident
- Basic technical skills, including the ability to operate basic security equipment
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality in regards to work performed
- The ability to positively handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day, and the flexibly to handle multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- The ability to work with a variety of persons of diverse backgrounds.
Must be able to successfully pass and maintain background checks. Must have access to reliable transportation. Corporate building security background, Foxfire, SRVTPM3, RTS, ‘OnGuard Access’ experience is preferred, but not required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE*
High School diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
*CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
This position requires first aid and CPR certification, which may be acquired after hire.
The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case-by-case basis.
- Posted 9 Days Ago
- Full time
Worker Sub-Type: Staff Member
Location: Lansing, MI
Business Line: Facilities
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Third Shift (United States of America)