Peckham, Inc. Eligibility and Compliance Professional in Lansing, Michigan
Staff jobs are _NOT _a part of Peckham's vocational rehabilitation efforts. These positions are supportive roles. Therefore, applicants do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles.
Peckham is a national award-winning non-profit organization, recognized for its achievement in providing exceptional vocational rehabilitation for people with disabilities and barriers to employment. We accomplish our mission by working with community partners and through our own diverse business lines consisting of apparel manufacturing, warehousing, call centers, environmental services, and farming.
Peckham prides itself on having a great culture which fosters a respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, share ideas, and engage in lifelong learning. Our culture further supports our mission by encouraging flexibility, health, and wellness. Staff enjoy benefits such as generous PTO policies, modern facilities, pet friendly work sites, free fruit, fitness classes, massages available for purchase, and opportunities for flexible work arrangements.
This position will provide support and guidance to staff to ensure AbilityOne standards are met. This position will focus on the eligibility of individuals with disabilities and/or other barriers to employment and acts as a subject matter expert for staff in these areas. Much effort will be placed on auditing files, reviewing documentation and working with Human Services staff on gathering proper documentation to maintain expected eligibility. This position will lead the Workday Disability Documentation Approver Team and provide support to staff in document gathering efforts.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Make assessments of eligibility for services based on AbilityOne guidelines and other related criteria
- Develop and manage a process for updating older/expired documentation. When necessary, manage and schedule referrals for external providers to gain updated documentation.
- Act as a subject matter expert on AbilityOne Eligibility criteria
- Lead the Disability Documentation Approval team to effectively manage the disability documentation in files
- Review the company wide disability ratio and develop strategic plans with Business Line & Human Services leadership
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Experience with Workday and Workday Reporting
- Experience analyzing and reporting data
- Provide clinical support and training to staff regarding disability related topics
- Promote Peckham’s vision, value, culture, and commitment to excellent customer services to all team members, staff, customers and stakeholders
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Master’s degree in a Human Service related field
- 1-3 years’ experience and/or training
- Intermediate computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Must successfully pass and maintain background checks
- Occasional travel required to Peckham sites within Michigan
- Licensed Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred
- 4-6 years of related experience and/or training
- Knowledgeable with the AbilityOne program, CARF, SourceAmerica and disability regulations
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel*
- *Including Pivot Tables
- Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm (negotiable)
- This position has the flexibility for some hours to be worked remotely when needed
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case by case basis.
Posted 6 Days Ago
- Full time
Worker Sub-Type: Staff Member
Location: Lansing, MI
Business Line: Human Services
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40First Shift (United States of America)