State of Michigan Registered Nurse Manager 12 in Kalamazoo, Michigan
This position is charged with the responsibility for the nursing care given to patients on the assigned unit for the eight hour shift. This responsibility encompasses the supervisory and clinical functioning of the unit and the performance of the subordinate nursing staff. The purpose is to ensure optimal nursing care, a therapeutic and safe environment, and a program of treatment to meet the individual patient's needs.
View the job specification at: www.michigan.gov/documents/RegisteredNurseManager130767.pdf Position Description**
Required Education and Experience
Possession of a diploma, associate's, bachelor's, or master's degree in nursing accepted for licensure by the Michigan Board of Nursing.
Experience No specific type or amount is required.
Alternate Education and Experience
Possession of a master's degree in nursing or possession of a bachelor's degree in nursing andsix months of experience equivalent to a Registered Nurse P11 may be substituted for the experience requirement.
Additional Requirements and Information
RN Possession of a Michigan license in good standing as a registered nurse.
Nurses with less than 1 year experience will be considered for a RN Manager Recruit position. Minimum hourly pay rate is $23.26 and maximum hourly rate in the pay range is $30.74 Upon completion of a satisfactory probationary period of one year, the RN Manager Recruit will reclassify to the RN Manager 1 classification and the corresponding pay range.
This position is located at the Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital. 1312 Oakland Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.
- Kalamazoo is unique, in that it combines a big city energy and small town feel. The community combines energy and innovation with friendliness and an easy-going attitude. A vibrant Art Deco downtown sets the stage for quality dining, unique shops and galleries, and live entertainment, including wineries and micro breweries. In Kalamazoo, you're never far from lakes, outdoor recreation, festivals and world-class attractions.
- Kalamazoo is home of Western Michigan University which offers a variety of under-graduate and graduate programs.
- Kalamazoo is also home to the nationally recognized CTAC (Child Trauma Assessment Center) providing innovative, state of the art child assessments
- Kalamazoo offers ample and affordable housing
- Kalamazoo is also home of the Kalamazoo Promise, a 4 year scholarship to college (bachelor degree or 130 credits, whichever occurs first), covering tuition and mandatory fees for eligible Kalamazoo Public School students.
- Located midway between Chicago and Detroit
For more information, please review the Position Description.
Salary: $2,238.40 - $2,932.80 Biweekly
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services - Kalamazoo Psychiatric Hospital
Job Number: 3909-18-002
Bargaining Unit: NON-EXCLUSIVE REPRESENTED EMPLOYEE (NERE)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766 State of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer