DK Security Uniform Security Officer - All Shifts Available in Grand Rapids, Michigan
DK Security is recruiting for the position of Uniform Security Officer in metro Grand Rapids, MI. You will find the job description listed below. We have all kinds of different hours available and most likely will be able to find something that works with your schedule! Please review the position carefully. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please follow the instructions listed below to complete our online application.
TITLE:Uniform Security Officer
1st shift - Hours Vary
2nd shift - Hours Vary
3rd shift - Hours Vary
URGENT NEED - Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 6 - 11 PM
URGENT NEED - Midnight - 8 AM Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays (Friday night into Saturday, Saturday night into Sunday, Sunday night into Monday)
URGENT NEED - 11 PM - 7 AM Sunday - Saturday
16-32 hours per week (part-time)
Specific Schedule will vary based on contract location
*SCOPE: *Security Officers are responsible for protecting the site’s building, grounds, assets, employees, students, and visitors against criminal activity, accidents, fires, and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
- Will work in a Uniform, Billable capacity 16-30 hours per week.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include building lobbies or reception areas.
- Monitor surroundings on closed-circuit television.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Inspect vehicles and packages as well as monitor deliveries.
- May provide first aid or other medical treatment in emergency situations.
- Must follow and enforce site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with "no" felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some college is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have the ability to stand or walk for long periods of time, and navigate stairs.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
*Work Environment: *_The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. The employee may be required to work in outside weather conditions and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and high noise levels. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee must work independently and with other staff to meet demands from several persons at the same time. _
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.
*REPORTS TO: *Site Supervisor or Operations Manager
Once your application is submitted and reviewed, a response will be issued via a telephone call or email.
Position: Uniform Security Officer - All Shifts Available
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job Id: 0097- Downtown
# of Openings: 5