PDS Tech Inc Sr. Subcontracts Manager in Grand Rapids, Michigan
PDS Tech is seeking a Subcontract Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
Primarily responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the company's subcontracts of major programs in a way that leads to customer satisfaction, compliance to company policies and ensures profitability. Focused activities are to ensure the successful and timely execution by the suppliers of all subcontract requirements. Responsible to ensure all critical and strategic suppliers and subcontractors are covered under Long Term Agreement/Contracts governed by customer standard General Terms and Agreement. Also responsible for supplier relationship management for critical and strategic subcontractors and suppliers. Also responsible for review of all subcontract provisions, terms and conditions along with subcontract negotiations and administrative functions. Provides indirect support to Program Management by continuously monitoring, evaluating and communicating the progress of the assigned business requirements. Responsible to act as Subcontracts Program Lead for New Development Programs.
The position requires little supervision, uses independent judgment, applies strong and positive interpersonal skills and has indirect contact with top management. The individual in this position has the responsibility and the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
Participates in the strategic development of complex proposals by providing key supplier technical and commercial information. Supports Program Management by administrating supplier proposals/quotations in response to a formal request to fill a program requirement.
Develops all solicitations and terms and conditions of new subcontracts for compliance with program requirements. Must recognize and take exception to any undesirable terms and conditions, which do not protect customer or develop alternatives to those proposed or requested by the supplier. Able to utilize competitive and strategic information to develop detailed negotiation strategies and program implementation plans.
Must manage a solid relationship with key and strategic suppliers. Develops and implements a plan for on-site visits, program reviews, and meetings with these suppliers.
Works closely with the Applications Engineer in the development of strategic sourcing opportunities. Provides information, relating to suppliers, which supports the development of the specific program requirements or Statements of Work. May be responsible for conducting various analyses of procurement data where knowledge of technical terminology and practice is essential.
Obtains price quoting and availability of items during the initial proposal phase of a program. Follows up with formal RFQ based upon known parameters of program requirements. Maintains documentation to support quotation and utilizes this information to pursue a formal RFP if AS is awarded the program.
Responsible for insuring that all subcontract requirements are accomplished. For major programs, supports program review meetings by providing information or discussing strategic supplier issues or opportunities.
Facilitates meetings and communicates to management, program team members, and others who have an interest in any scope change or performance/schedule issues relating to the suppliers.
Address subcontract changes, both Avionics Systems derived or requested by its customer, to determine the impact to both cost and schedule. Works with supplier on equitable adjustments when AS or its customer requests the change in scope. Provides results of the equitable adjustment to Business Development for AS equitable adjustment proposal to the customer.
Prepares Purchase Orders (PO's) for prototype or pre-production hardware requirements for the program. PO's will contain or reference all contractual requirements specific for the program.
Regularly works with drawings and specifications of materials, statements of work, program requirements and prime contract flow downs, prices, discounts and other terms of purchase.
Works with Empowered Official or the Export Compliance Coordinator on all transactions involved in International business, including Department of Commerce and Department of State export regulations. Responsible for determining and administering:
a. Import/Export Requirements: all applicable import/export regulation; applicable regulatory agency; classification or equipment and data; documentation requirements (license applications); boycott provisions; current embargo restrictions; and specific requirements of buyer and country of importation.
b. Finance requirements: international trade terms and services; letters of credit; commercial paper; open account payments; and cash-in-advance payments.
c. Transportation and insurance requirements: methods of transportation; tariffs; packaging and marking; documentation; and liabilities.
Will provide guidance and support to the Production Materials Group as needed during the transition of the program from development to production.
Identify, recommend and implement innovative process improvements.
May perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established client Ethics Standards.
Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment; including, but not limited to safety glasses, etc.
Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in procurement, supply chain and/or material management required.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of subcontract or contract administration experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Position requires extensive communication with all levels of management and with the customer.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Commercial Contract Law. Position requires review, interpretation and recommendations regarding contract legal matters.
• Thorough understanding of procurement and supply chain principles.
• Necessary ability to integrate strong and constructive interpersonal skills with all aspects of the business.
• Must be well rounded in all functional and technical aspects of the business. This includes product development, production, quality, legal and financial segments of the business.
• Past subcontract management experience and proven ability to proactively coordinate all external and internal efforts affecting contract performance.
• Requires ability to make independent and responsible risk-taking judgments on proposal, negotiation and contract matters often having the potential for significant impact on costs, customer relations and future business.
• Must be a decision maker and problem solver. Extremely organized and detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Requires extensive negotiation experience with the ability to negotiate programs that are complex, strategic and commercially competitive, which may include technical service agreements, forward pricing agreements, reliability improvement warranties, etc.
• Knowledge of all transactions involved in International business, including Department of Commerce and Department of State export regulations.
• Have a comprehensive understanding of a commercial aviation business environment and strategies. Maintain a professional acumen on actions taken and the potential impact to the overall business strategies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
PDS Tech Inc
- PDS Tech Inc Jobs