EJ Hrly Electrician A in Elmira, Michigan
EJ has an immediate opening for an Electrician on our (2nd & 3rd shifts), salary - $28.56 per hour depending on experience.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence. Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our company's identity and our guide for making decisions. Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: Warner Township, Michigan
Safely optimize and/or repair equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes safety awareness, accident prevention, and employee involvement with regard to a safe work environment. Ensures employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes the company culture, the mission and vision, and the core values of the company.
- Responsible for maintaining all electrical equipment in a fast-paced brand-new state of the art foundry.
- Good trouble shooting skills with VFDs, PLC's and other electronic components, pneumatic and hydraulic systems with applicable computer knowledge to support this type of work.
- Experience with motor starters, variable frequency drives and soft start motor drives.
- Ability to plan work, request proper parts, follow-up on work orders, see a job through to completion, etc.
- Ability to work well with others in a team orientated environment.
- Understand installation, servicing, and repairs of a 3-phae electrical system.
- Induction melting systems experience preferred.
- Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
- Display good organizational skills, able to organize work projects and help direct project repairs.
- A good working knowledge of the NEC.
- Works safely and promotes a safe workplace.
- Experience with Medium Voltage Switchgear preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- May drive industrial equipment to move materials.
- Provides suggestion for improvement of all our systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex electrical circuits.
- Reads and understands electrical diagrams/prints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and a minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Electrical journeymen's license preferred or the ability to attain one.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 1bs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled