United States Steel Shift Manager II - Maintenance in Ecorse, Michigan
9007BRMid-Level:GREAT LAKES WORKSWork Location:GREAT LAKES WORKSJob Description:Roles & Responsibilities:
•Develop, track and measure continuous improvement of the site planned maintenance systems.
•Build value for the use of corporate selected CMMS, and any add on applications, through communication and actualization of these systems.
•Promote the actualization of Planning & Scheduling (P&S), Preventive and Predictive Maintenance (PPM) and all supporting systems.
•Promote Communication/Development/Training for Planner Schedulers and all support teams.
•Direct the interaction of the site eAM Information Systems support group in daily CMMS functionality.
•Listen, Coach, Counsel and support individuals.
•Measure the success/progress of the Planned Maintenance Systems.
•Monitor the eAM (CMMS) functionality and promote usage and maintaining of the computer systems.
•Focus on the systems that will bring us closer to our business objectives using the appropriate systems that will reduce our overall costs.
•Must be self-motivated and able to continue self-development.
•Must understand the systematic approach the Planned Maintenance concept utilizes to implement programs.
•Able to give direction to minimize deviation from standards and specifications; therefore, creating an Uncompromising Safety Environment and supporting Continuous Improvement.
•Be a resource to Operations, Maintenance, Engineering and Support Teams on the use of the Planned Maintenance concept by communication, training, and actualization of the systems.
•Develop/update and communicate metrics to measure Planned Maintenance.
•Provide functional guidance, direction, and leadership of the site Planning and Scheduling teams.
•Provide functional guidance, direction and leadership to the site BOM and Materials Management teams.
•Help develop and improve understanding of the Planned Maintenance parameters and systems by the users.
• Sponsor a systematic approach to the functional competencies of: Safety, Environment and Health.
• Ensure Planned Maintenance systems, and key pursuits, are aligned with and best supporting the business critical operating tasks.
• Have value and commitment for Planned Maintenance systems, operating discipline and mechanical reliability.
• Have in-depth knowledge of and function as a driving force for the Reliability Excellence, ABS and continuous improvement processes.
• Ensure hands on competency of the planning resources is maintained and renewed as required to achieve all items listed above.
• Network with other leaders, and site management and functional peers across the corporation, to leverage resources for the greatest benefit of the overall primary metals business, leading in areas where contribution is unique, distinctive and additive.
• Support site Maintenance and Operations leadership by helping them understand the Planned Maintenance metrics and their progress.
• Direct interaction with the Information Systems support groups to promote continuous improvement of our computer systems.
• Support and interact with Engineering, and support teams, to ensure Planned Maintenance jobs are completed per specifications.
• Perform as the site representative for the corporate Planning & Scheduling network.
• Support our internal partners and external customers in our business objectives and continuous improvement strategies.
• Improve the contribution that the Planned Maintenance efforts make to the site business by supporting the appropriate technology, including reliability engineering improvement systems and maintenance best practices:
o Planning and Scheduling
o Bill of Materials
o Predictive/Preventive Maintenance
o Reliability Centered Maintenance
o Computerized Maintenance Management System
o Materials Management
o Total Productive Maintenance
Skills and Experience Needed:
•Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
•Associates or 2 year technical school/degree certification preferred, minimum 5 years skilled trades work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
• Have strong planning and work prioritizing skills.
• Must be knowledgeable of a CMMS and capable of learning the current supporting software systems.
• Have ability to work with multiple and diverse teams.
• Have ability to communicate verbally, electronically and written.
• Have ability to link/mediate groups in order to determine proper priority of tasks.
• Be able to interface with Information Systems and Engineering support teams on maintainingAuto req ID:9007BRCompany:United States Steel CorporationCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-ExemptPosting Title:Mechanical Salary Planner - Steel MakingState/Province:US - MIWork Location - City:Ecorse Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Preferred Skills:Experience with current EAM/CMMSCompetency Summary:As a manager/supervisor of the company, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to manage change, communicate effectively, and lead high-performance teams.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.