Stanley Acess Technologies Laser Operator in Dexter, Michigan
76168BRTitle:Laser OperatorBusiness:US - Stanley Infrastructure State/Country/Province:Michigan No. of Positions:1Job Description:
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo.
STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double it’s revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.
Operators are responsible for set-up and operation of laser cutting machines to produce products meeting customer quality requirements. Operators must also operate and process parts according to print and traveler requirements. Operators must monitor machine cutting performance and utilization.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Understands machine setup including: program retrieval, proper gases, proper nozzles, and materials.
• Understands start-up and shut down for laser machines.
• Diagnose machining problems while performing jobs, making modifications as needed.
• Operate overhead cranes, tape measure, calipers, and hand tools.
• Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications.
• Check Quality of product machined and notify supervisor of process issues.
• Operates and navigates in a windows based computer environment.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Perform operator maintenance and/or 5S housekeeping per established schedules
• Other duties as assigned
o Frequent lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected.
o Long periods of standing and walking can also be expected in this position.
o Use of basic tools and equipment.
• Work environment:
o Occasional exposure to typical manufacturing areas may be required and will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Good attendance
• Ability to use basic math to analyze information and measuring equipment
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work safely and efficiently
• Ability to work with close tolerances
• Ability to work in a team and independently
• Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instruction and written processes
• Additional courses in CNC set-up and operation
At least 1 year of CNC lathe set-up and operation
• Problem Solving Analysis
• Communication Proficiency
• Results Driven
• Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
• Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
• Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
• Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition Number:76168BRFunction:Manufacturing City:DexterEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:Manufacturing