The Children's Center of Wayne County Specialist - Supports Coordination-Developmental Disability Services in Detroit, Michigan
Are you looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your dedication and passion of working with children, specifically those who have unique needs? If you want to help shape the futures of children who struggle with succeeding in school or maintaining successful relationships, The Children's CenterDevelopmental Disabilities Services (DDS) is the program for you!
The DDS program is designed to meet the unique needs of children who have been diagnosed with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. We are seeking clinically trained staff to work in our outpatient office, located in the vibrant Midtown Detroit. You will work steps away from the newQLine that can transport you from Midtown to Downtown Detroit, in just minutes!
The DDS programprovides opportunities for staff to work within a team of their peers, psychiatrists, psychologists, and BCBAs to ensure high quality services and meet the needs of our families. In this role you would receive ongoing training in care coordination and professional collaboration with both internal and external service providers. In addition to ongoing training, this position will allow for the opportunity to grow and develop skillsin client advocacy and clinical skills related to client engagement.
Does this sound like the position for you?!
This position will be responsible for some of the following:
- Using a Family Centered Planning model, coordinate and monitorthedelivery of services for assigned clients including the needs assessment, coordination of referrals andauthorization of serviceswith outside providers.
- Maintain all paperwork, clinical records, reports, case notes, and all other client documentation in the appropriate electronic record systems, meeting all agency, contractual or billing requirements and deadlines.
- Provide a variety of services to assigned caseload, such as case consultation, advocacy, referral for short-term and long-term hospitalization, etc., referral for additional service needs, and care coordination with multiple providers.
- In collaboration with the family, work with other internal and external partners (i.e. schools, faith community, other human services organizations) to develop natural supports to eliminate barriers to services, enhance existing community services or develop new services based on the needs of The Children's Center families.
To qualify for this position you will need:
- ABachelors level degreein Behavioral Science, Community Services, Counseling (Psychology), Criminal Justice (Administration), Early Childhood Studies, Family Ecology, Family Life Education-Spring Arbor University, Family Studies, Family and/or Child Development, Guidance/School Counseling, Human Services, Psychology, Social Work or Sociology
- A minimum of 1 year prior experience working with children or adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in a program that diagnoses, evaluates and treats minors and their families in a community based setting as needed.
- Prior experience providing behavioral health servicesand the coordination of care with other providers.
- If position requires driving, you must be able to provide proof of having a current, valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
While you are taking care of our clients, we want to take care of you!
TCC offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- Medical & prescription coverage with a minimal employee contribution
- 100% employer paid dental & vision coverage for all full time staff members & eligible dependents
- Employee life insurance & optional dependent life Insurance
- Accident & critical illness insurance
- 403(b) thrift plan with employer match after 1 year; fully vested after 2 years
- Employee assistance program
- Continuing education & full licensure stipend
- Longevity pay after 3 years
- 160 hours of paid time off your 1st year, 200 hours your 2nd year, up to 280 hours
- 10 paid holidays
- Approved site for the National Health Services Corps
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.