Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Senior Financial Analyst in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for completeness and accuracy of assigned projects, including internal and external reporting and preparation of audited financial statements. Assist with coordination of audit requests. Must be able to work in cross-functional teams and have strong critical thinking and analytic skills with attention to detail.
Responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting financial information including revenue and expenses by account, customer and product segments. These duties may include variance analysis, account reconciliation, transaction processing and publishing of various financial reports and financial statements.**
- Prepares financial information and reviews for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs detailed analysis when necessary.
- Other deliverables may include account reconciliations, impact studies, audit findings, budgets and business cases.
- Assists with the preparation of various financial or regulatory reports and/or statements for management and/or parties external to BCBSM (e.g., auditors, customers, providers, BCBSA, FEP, OFIS, etc).
- Prepares financial reporting for a division, customer or segment that may include linking financial information from various sources to provide meaningful financial reports or to assure appropriate data reconciliation.
- Financial data may include financial statements detail, corporate, division and cost center BPR information, cost allocation information, general ledger transaction activity, settlement activity, membership, billing and revenue activity.
- May process financial transactions including journal entries, invoices, cost allocations, etc. Assists with drafting of policies and develops desk level procedures for the department to help assure clarity in department practices and adequate internal controls.
- Interfaces with various departments, management and individuals' external to BCBSM. Responds to ad-hoc requests and inquiries.
- Performs other assignments, duties or functions as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting highly preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in related field.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under general supervision in an environment where there are certain deadlines.
- Proficient in current industry standard PC applications and systems (e.g., Excel, Word, etc.).
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft general ledger and mainframe systems.
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Finance Treasury & Accounting
Primary Location: Southfield
Organization: Chief Financial Officer-8300
Req ID: DIR0002A