General Motors Senior Finance Analyst/Finance Analyst - Controller Group - GM Global Finance - FIN0010039 in Detroit, Michigan
Global Finance is essential to achieving our company vision for a new automotive landscape. Working together, our teams refine the overall information management, forecasting, strategic decision-making and operations that improve and expand our business effectiveness worldwide. A strong financial foundation enables us to maneuver in ways that maximize profitability, minimize risk and pave the way toward greater innovation.
Why the Controller Group…
The Controller Group’s Mission is to serve as a Strategic Business Partner, bringing timely and insightful decisions, leveraging financial systems and processes that increase transparency, improve efficiency, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability,
The Controller Group is a multi-faceted team managing Consolidations & SEC Reporting; Corporate Accounting; Strategic Risk Management; Accounting and Financial Assurance; GM Treasury and GM Asset Management Controller, GM International Operations Controller, and GM North America Controller. We are committed to working together to leverage our diversity in a rewarding work environment.
As a strategic business partner, you will:
- Gain exposure and experience working on a variety of complex accounting issues impacting strategic business initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional project teams with support and flexibility to manage and develop your career.
- Rotate between functional areas to gain a broad range of valuable experience.
Our experienced financial analysts support a variety of functions including:
- SEC Reporting
- Technical Accounting
- Close, Consolidation and Reporting
- Treasury Accounting
- Strategic Risk Management
- Employee Pension and Benefits Accounting
- Corporate IT Accounting
- Sales, Service and Marketing Accounting
- Customer Care and Aftersales (CCA)
- OnStar and Warranty Accounting
- Financial Assurance and SOX Compliance
We are looking for the following education, skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent
- 3 or more years of Accounting and/or Finance experience
- Identify, interpret and analyze potential accounting risks and issues
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting and financial reporting standards (GAAP)
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and objectives under a stringent timeline
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of initiative
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Highly proficient personal computer skills and technology driven
We prefer if you also have:
- CPA and/or MBA
- 2 or more years of Big 4 or Regional firm public accounting experience, including public company experience