JLG Industries MECHANICAL DESIGNER in Detroit, Michigan
At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
The Layout Designer will support engineers with drawing layouts by utilizing computer-aided drafting software. This role will also be responsible for creating new and modified components and Bill of Materials (BOM) in accordance to the Oshkosh standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Update current drawings per markups based on direction from engineering; re-master CAD drawings to current format.
• Use computer-aided drafting systems to create 3D and 2D layouts, following the direction of design team members.
• Self-check own work to ensure accuracy and organization, dimension and tolerance convention, and conformance with established CAD specifications and standards.
• Utilize ERP systems to create part numbers following the proper naming process and data entry requirements.
• Associate degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent* with two (2) years of experience in drafting/design.
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
• Detail oriented.
• Capable of using standard Windows Office tools including SharePoint, email, and CAD tools.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Associate degree with three (3) years of experience in drafting/design.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.