Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Clinical Pharmacist –Account Management/Key & Large Groups in Detroit, Michigan
Responsible for promoting appropriate benefit designs for prescription drugs to sales staff, agents and customers. This position is also responsible for the education of sales staff and agents regarding the available benefit designs in order to advance corporate efforts to increase market share and provide cost-effective benefit designs. The incumbent responds to RFP's, RFI's and questionnaires for prescription drug benefits.
- Prepare and conduct presentations or educational programs to various audiences, including customers, agents and internal marketing departments.
- Provide accurate and timely responses to prescription drug Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Information (RFI) and Questionnaires for both local and national groups.
- Coordinate with BCBSM prescription drug vendor to compile RFP, RFI and Questionnaire responses that are the vendor's responsibility.
- Review prescription drug RFP, RFI and Questionnaire responses compiled by other corporate areas or prescription drug vendor to ensure accuracy and integrity.
- Draft and coordinate various communications for distribution to internal departments and external customers, including marketing documentation.
- Review non-standard benefit requests and provide approval or disapproval in accordance with corporate direction and systems’ capabilities.
- Serve as departmental contact to Sales Liaison, NASCO Systems and special projects, including community initiatives and task forces.
- Interface with external customers, contacts, various internal departments and with corporate prescription drug vendor to resolve outstanding issues.
- Serve as liaison to BCBSM prescription drug vendor's marketing support staff and as contact to assist in processing of problematic claims.
- Must be willing to travel within the State and provide own transportation.
- Overnight business trips maybe occasionally required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy required.
- Marketing experience in pharmacy environment preferred.
- Current unrestricted state of Michigan pharmacist license.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to organize and demonstrate knowledge during individual/group presentations.
- Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision and have the ability to set priorities with the objective of completing numerous activities with short turnaround time frames.
- Ability to interface with department staff, numerous internal departments, external customers, agents and subscribers.
- Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Job: Pharmacy Services
Primary Location: Detroit
Organization: Pharmacy Services-2121
Req ID: PHA000A4