Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Part Masking & Blasting Technician (2nd Shift, HA Department) in Chelsea, Michigan
SUMMARY OF POSITIONIn this role you will prepare parts by applying tape and other materials to areas of the part that need to be protected, then and free-blasting parts. Once parts undergo the coating process, you will remove tape and inspect the part for defects.
This position requires attention to detail and craftmanship similar to building and painting models, woodworking fine objects, or performing manicures.
This position is for 2nd shift.
DET - Shift 2a (4P-2:30A) $1.00 (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Visually inspects incoming product
- Masks parts by attaching tape to protect areas specified by customer requirements
- Free-blasts areas to be coated
- Removes tape, and re-tapes product for coating
- Following the coating operation, unmasks the product a final time
- Conducts a final inspection utilizing basic inspection gages such as calipers or micrometers and sends for further quality inspections.
- Completes all required documents used during processing and verifies accuracy of documentation.
- At all times, demonstrates proper handling of medical devices, equipment such as calipers, micrometers and other tools used, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Utilizes knowledge of Lean Manufacturing to improve plant efficiency and productivity; supports Lean Manufacturing and EH&S initiatives.
- Always adheres to all safety rules to ensure a safe workplace by wearing safety glasses in designated areas, using and storing tools (scalpels) properly, and reporting any unsafe condition(s) or practice(s) to management.
- Trains other team members as needed.
- Supports quality and compliance by adhering to all procedures, work instructions, and forms per the Quality Management Systems (QMS).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Experience Working in a Regulated Industry such as Medical, Aerospace, or Automotive
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Basic Knowledge), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Basic Knowledge), Time management (Basic Knowledge)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are all connected
- Results: We are all driven
- Constantly exposed to elements common in manufacturing environments
- Occasionally moves materials up to 50 pounds
- Constantly applies and remove tape from parts with tight tolerances
- Constantly uses sharp implements such as surgical scalpels, scissors, etc.
- Constantly visually inspect parts
- Constantly uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Willing and able to work long hours including overtime as required.
- Candidates offered employment must submit to a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Position: Part Masking & Blasting Technician (2nd Shift, HA Department)
Company: Orchid Orthopedic Solutions
Job Location(s): Farmington Hills, MI; Chelsea, MI
Start Date: As soon as possible
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Starting Salary Range: Not Provided
Required Education: High School or Equivalent
Required Experience: Open
Required Security Clearance: None
Related Categories: Healthcare - Technologists/Technicians, Internships, Production - Plant/System Operators