Whirlpool Assistant General Counsel in Benton Harbor, Michigan
Assistant General Counsel
Date: Feb 10, 2019
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022-2692
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Assistant General Counsel, Transactions
The Assistant General Counsel, Transactions will set the global legal strategy for Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS),
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and Contract Governance. This role will manage both the financial and
operational aspects of global transactions. This position will also sit on the leadership staff for GSS and Corporate
Lead Global Transactions Center of Excellence:
• Set global legal strategy for Contract Governance Center of
• Manage complex global M&A transactions and procurement
• Act as subject matter expert on procurement law including
drafting and negotiating agreements and managing distressed
• Lead lawyer and member of extended staff for global
procurement and corporate strategy teams.
• Set the legal strategy and create and deliver legal plan, including
training, for global procurement and corporate strategy teams.
• Develop and maintain a Global Contract Governance Center of
• Ability to manage both the operational and financial aspects for
global legal team.
• Implement processes to drive synergies, savings, strong
governance and risk mitigation for global procurement
organization and for all transactions.
Impactful People Leader:
• Responsible for managing a team of 5 lawyers and other
professionals who directly report to the position.
• Indirectly manage a global team of procurement lawyers.
• Accountable for Diversity, Engagement and Succession Planning
Job Segment: M&A, Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Management, Operations