Post Holdings Maintenance Supervisor - Battle Creek, MI in Battle Creek, Michigan
This position is responsible for the direction and coaching of skilled-trades maintenance crews in a union environment. This includes electrical and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and equipment, physical plant, utilities and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policy and procedures. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
Job duties include:
• Promote safety awareness as well as participate in all safety meetings. Ensure that good housekeeping policies and sanitation practices are followed.
• Responsible for enforcing all applicable safety and loss management requirements, including the Safety and Risk Management policies, and OSHA regulations are followed.
• Ensure that safety tours are being taken on a regular basis, accidents are thoroughly investigated and reported, and the regular training of employees in the safe operation of their job duties.
• Execute and provide input to the weekly maintenance planning process to ensure full economical utilization, availability of equipment requiring work, and availability of equipment, parts, and supplies necessary for the job.
• Execute and provide input to the preventive and predictive maintenance program and equipment audits when possible within the guidelines of productions scheduling and manpower and make recommendations concerning the priorities for weekends and outage work.
• Provide leadership and supervise the activities of the maintenance team to ensure efficient scheduling of workload and proper maintenance of equipment, buildings and infrastructure.
• Provide direct feedback and coaching to employees concerning the performance of job responsibilities.
• Recommend, plan and implement equipment initiatives to improve production efficiency and / or product quality.
• Lead and execute capital project installation according to plan and specifications.
• Manage assigned building maintenance requirements, deliver acceptable maintenance KPI such as PM completion compliance, Planned work vs. break in work, routine work ( PM hours ) vs. total hours and planned work compliance
• Ability to hold subordinates accountable on all aspect of job performance and behavior.
• Others duties as assigned.
• BS / BA is strongly preferred (Engineering or similar technical discipline preferred)
• If the candidate has a BS/BA they must have at least 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
• If the candidate does not have a BS/BA, they must have at least 7 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
• Strong mechanical and electrical skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with root-cause failure analysis
• Ability to understand technical manuals, layout and assembly drawings, and electrical / control schematics
• Demonstrated project management skills are beneficial
• Experience in utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise Asset Management tool or other integrated CMMS software
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.