Aerotek HR Manager in Adrian, Michigan
Provide leadership and support in functional area of human resources including recruitment, employment, personnel records, employee and labor relations, employee development, training, AAP/EEO and special projects. Serves as a strategic and tactical business partner to the Plant Manager and his leadership team.
Reports to Plant Manager with a dotted line to Vice President of HR. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
• HR generalist responsibilities including compliance with regulatory agencies (i.e. EEOC, DOL, OFCCP, etc)
• Manages employee relations as well as labor relations issues consistent with salaried employee policy and the Collective Bargaining Agreement
• Source, screen and recommend candidates for employment and conduct new employee orientation for both hourly and salaried requisitions. Process will include scheduling drug & background screens, physicals, etc. Ensures proper staffing is maintained at all times and pro-active activities are contemplated in order to achieve.
• Ensures compliance with the spirit and intent of regulations outlined in our AAP plan; responsible for implementation locally
• Responsible for salaried appraisal process (PMA)
• Ensures compliance with various training initiatives as required by the site and corporate initiatives
• Support local workers compensation program
• Counsels employees and members of management on various aspects of salaried policies and programs
• Responsible for all leaves (investigation and follow-up with STD, W/C and FMLA)
labor relations employment law, union experience, contract negotiation, Human resources, Employee relations, Human resource management, recruiting
Top Skills Details:
Union experience, labor relations, contract negotiations, ability to administer CBA (collective bargaining agreement)
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must Have: 4+ years of HR experience in a Union plant
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs